7/21/10

Not So Alone in the night!



I sit here not so alone in the dark, staring into the moon and I close my eyes. I meditate to my own heart beat and open my mind.
What is it that I hear, see, feel, smell and taste?

I hear:
The rustling of the trees as the night winds braze against the leaves. I hear the clicking sounds of nocturnal life scurrying across the hardened floor of the earth. I hear the cries of my brethren in the distant woods chasing their suppers and I hear the whimpering of the sudden death of their prey.
I hear human life close by and their disturbing approaches and the bellowing of man taunting others to fight. And I hear their automobiles driving past, some very slow and some too fast. In all that I hear of all these things; just one thing I do not hear, is your heart next to mine.

I see:
Visions of times when we kissed and we cuddled. Keeping both warm in the darkness of life. I see our young running and smiling and searching for food. I see your smiling gaze as you look to the moon. Bright stars that shine in the cold hallow nights, and our breath that night evaporates in the moment it takes. I can see the memories of all of our fun and also the memories in which I wish their was none, the bad moments I wished were gone.

I feel:
Your skin touches me ever so soft and I panic a little that it won't be enough. I feel your shivering body when we make love, and the warm sigh as your body goes numb. I feel an ever longing need to always be close in fear that I'll lose you, because you I behold. And I feel loved each day in and out, that I yell out a cry into the fearless dark night.

I smell:
Your flesh as you pass on by, an essence of mating I do not deny. I smell fear in the winds of distance prey. I will hunt for you so you can eat well for one more day. And I smell the beauty of our home, a spray of nature of berries and greens in the mist of the morning approaching soon. And I smell your love you have for me like orchids and roses in full bloom.

I taste:
Your lips that press against mine, like insulin to a diabetic I must give in. Sweet nectar from the fruits provided by love, your internal juices that flow to my tongue. I taste it, your blood, your sacrifice. Oh how much you give to me, and in return I give to you the very same. I taste your sweat in the heat of our passion as it falls onto my mouth like dew from lilies.

As I rest here in the dawn of the new day, not so alone. I close my eyes and I sigh in relief, I have heard, I have seen, I have felt, I have smelled and I have tasted and it is because of you I live another day.

Lucas (Timothy John Barnes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?